Monique & WJAR-TV say Alves loses. He’ll seek a recount…
One of the biggest upsets was brewing in state Senate District 9, where eight-term incumbent Alves was behind by 17 votes to Michael Pinga with 100 percent of the vote counted, according to Associated Press numbers.
Alves, who represents West Warwick, told The Providence Journal that he would seek a recount.
With 13 of 13 precincts reporting in West Warwick, State Senator Stephen Alves is
- Michael J. PINGA (DEM) 968 48.4%
- Stephen D. ALVES (DEM) 928 46.4%
- Paul P. CAIANIELLO, JR. (DEM) 105 5.2%
Hmmm. The 13-of-13-precincts numbers have moved up (and in Alves’ favor) from what they were a little while ago. I’m not sure if this is because of mail ballots, or for some other reason…
- Michael J. PINGA (DEM) 994 47.8%
- Stephen D. ALVES (DEM) 977 46.9%
- Paul P. CAIANIELLO, JR. (DEM) 110 5.3%
I’m not sure if this is final, because of the way the BoE breaks up elections by town, but does anyone know why incumbent Senator Daniel Issa (Cumberland/Central Falls/Pawtucket) appears to be getting creamed?
- Elizabeth A. CROWLEY (DEM) 789 63.6%
- Daniel J. ISSA (DEM) 452 36.4%