Last Weekend in August
It was a final lazy summer weekend, although I spent most of it doing behind-the-scenes work that will emerge in the weeks to come, but we did manage to take up some topics:
- Education Commissioner Deborah Gist challenged the Woonsocket School Committee and gave Julia Steiny some vague objectives.
- In response to steps taken in Venezuela, Monique pondered threats to free speech and press.
- Commenter David and I may have found the first hints of common ground among tactics of Tiverton contract negotiations.
- Michael Fine advocated for “a public option”… despite it all.
- And Rep. Peter Palumbo (D, Cranston) managed an inside track on some government contracts that don’t exist, yet.