The Sickness is Deep
The anecdotes provided by John DePetro in this piece are, unfortunately, entirely predictable:
Callers from North Providence were calling in to my show on WPRO regarding the FBI arresting three members from the council. Some of the comments:
* “It wasn’t taxpayer money they took.”
* “25 grand ain’t a lot of money. It ain’t like they was greedy.”
* “They come from nice families.”
* “Everyone in Rhode Island has their hands in the cookie jar.”
* “The real bad guy is the rat who went to the FBI”.