What Hath RI Democrats Wrought
Hal Meyer, Citizen Critic and former Rhode Island resident, has compiled an excellent website, RI Democrats, outlining the all of the damage that seventy years of a Democrat super-majority has inflicted on the state. Below is a selection of the evidence that he presents.
My view is that, from now on, every voter should be required to carefully review this website before stepping into the voting booth and then quizzed as to motive if they still plan to vote (D) on the state or local level. If they respond, “Because George Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction” or “Because Dick Cheney got Halliburton a no-bid contract to drill for oil in Iraq” or any similar, fatuous, completely non-Rhode-Island-related answer, their ballot would be gently but firmly confiscated.
Additional screening for such answers as, “Because my cousin has a state job”, “Because it’s the party of the working man” (see Matt Allen for the proper intonation of this phrase) or “Yeah, most of them are bums but my guy is okay” would be phased in during the following election year.
• Rhode Island second-worst state in the U.S. for business and careers – October 14, 2010. From PBN.
• There Really Is Something Rotten in the Justice Department – September 7, 2010. From The National Review. “Many counties in states such as Alabama and Rhode Island also show a similar miracle — no voters were removed from their voter rolls for having died.”
• R.I.’s foreclosure rate is #1 in New England – August 31, 2010. From The Providence Journal.
• One in 7 now gets food stamps in RI – August 30, 2010. From WPRI TV.
• R.I. among the most financially distressed states in the nation – August 27, 2010. From Providence Business Journal.