State of the State: Education and Innovation
Governor Carcieri outlines his proposals for improving innovation and education in Rhode Island…
1. Increase the research capacity of RI universities and increase their ability to attract top scientists.
2. Uprecedented investments in research at URI.
3. Create a science and technology tax-credit.
4. Implement statewide wireless, border to border.
5. Better coordination between primary, secondary, and higher education.
6. Attract more people to teach math and science.
7. Improve teacher training in math and science.
8. Provide more rigorous programs of study to RI students