In Tuesday’s Projo, former Rhode Island GOP Executive Director Jeff Deckman proposed a five-point plan for rebuiliding the Republican Party in Rhode Island (h/t SusanD)…
- Step One: The governor must take a strong leadership role in the re-organization of the party just as he did in his first two years in office.
- Step Two: Recruit a chairman who understands the complexities of organizational design and the human dynamics that affect them.
- Step Three: Build the organization bi-directionally — from the top down and from the grass-roots level up.
- Step Four: Build coalitions with taxpayer groups and other reform-minded organizations.
- Step Five: Focus the resources.
Mr. Deckman goes into specifics about each recommendation in his article