Rhode Island Higher Education Top-20 Rankings
Brandie Jefferson of the Projo’s 7-to-7 blog has an item about Bryant University’s top-20 ranking by the Princeton Review in the category of “career and job placement services”
Bryant wasn’t the only college to be ranked in the top 20 — or maybe the bottom 20, depending on the category — in the national survey.
Brown University did well in a number of positive categories…
- (6) The Toughest to Get Into
- (5) Best College Radio Station
- (13) Best College Theater
- (2) Happiest Students
The University of Rhode Island, however, was top (or bottom 10) in a number of negative categories…
- (10) Professors Get Low Marks
- (10) Professors Make Themselves Scarce
- (10) Their Students (Almost) Never Study
- (9) Dorms Like Dungeons
And Providence College also ranked in a number of categories that they probably won’t be mentioning in their recruiting brochures…
- (1) Homogeneous Student Population
- (8) Little Race/Class Interaction
- (19) Everyone Plays Intramural Sports
- (4) Lots of Hard Liquor
Not that it’s living up to the stereotypical reputation of a b-school or anything, but job placement was the only category that Bryant University placed in…
- (9) Best Career/Job Placement Services
Roger Williams University and Salve Regina University didn’t make any of the top-20 lists.
Rhode Island College, Rhode Island School of Design, and Johnson & Wales University appear not to have been considered in the rankings.