Shining the Light on Legislative Grants
SECTION 1. Chapter 35-3 of the General Laws entitled “State Budget” is hereby amended by adding thereto the following section:
3 35-3-28. Legislative grants. – All legislative grants awarded by the general assembly must be included in the annual state budget and must include the following information:
(1) Recipient’s name and address;
(2) Name of contact person for the grant recipient;
(3) Name of the legislator who sponsored the grant;
(4) Statement of whether the finance committee of either or both houses of the general assembly have had a hearing on the proposed grant; and
(5) Brief description of the nature and purpose of the grant.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon passage.
Rep’s Coaty, Long, Mumford, and Trillo are co-sponsors.