Takeaway #5 from Congressman Langevin’s Town Hall: Wonks, to the Barricades!
Two questions of fact regarding healthcare in America, where consensus on all sides does not exist, came up during last night’s town hall meeting with Congressman James Langevin…
- What is the count of uninsured people in America, major points of contention being…
- How many of the oft-quoted figure of 47 million unisured includes people who change jobs and don’t have insurance for just a few months or even a few weeks during the year, and
- Does the 47-million figure include illegal immigrants?
- Where does the United States rate in quality of care?
- Although it wasn’t asked directly, answering this question has to preceded by answering the question of how quality-of-care can be accurately measured.