Dawn of the Dead? Susan Menard Pulls Papers
On the last day to do so, Former Mayor Susan Menard has filed declaration papers for the office of mayor. (Woonsocket has off year elections.)
It should be noted that pulling papers is only a first step to running for office. The Valley Breeze correctly points out that
Critics of Menard may wonder, however, if 2011 will be a repeat of the last election cycle in Woonsocket when, despite filing declaration papers in August, she failed to turn in a nomination petition.
Critics of Ms. Menard wonder about lots of other things, too. Let the questions for the candidate fly.
If elected mayor, will Ms. Menard
– Continue her practice of handing out no-bid city contracts to friends and family (copiers, for example, not to mention motorcycles)?
– Continue her practice of handing out generous but illegal benefit packages to favored staffers without obtaining authorization from the City Council?
– Revive her policy of promoting rather than firing racists?
– Reinstall secret recording equipment in the mayor’s office? If yes, and the City Council moves to investigate, will she once again attempt to impede their lawful investigation into such potentially unlawful action?
– Once again cop a plea in the event that the Ethics Commission once again tags her with questionable (to say the least) conduct?
– Sign an Executive Order that, thenceforth, city employees are forbidden to run personal errands for the mayor? If not, why not?